Friday, November 13, 2015

Shine Your Light


Hey everyone!  Today I have another card made with Latina Crafter's Be a Blessing stamps!  If you would like some info on these sets, please take a look at my post here.  

Jen Carter Shine Light World 1

I again used the lighthouse stamp and started by stamping the main focal lighthouse from Be the Light in red.  I then stamped the others in a light gray ink, creating a patterned paper background.  I  stamped the sentiment in black ink, cleaned the stamp off and re-inked it in yellow ink. I carefully lined up the sentiment again and slightly stamped it off where I had stamped it before to create the glowing shadow.  I really like how it shows light around the dark letters keeping with the theme of the card.

Jen Carter Shine Light World Closeup

I used the Frantic Stamper Sunburst Card Panel die to cut the light beams from yellow vellum paper.  I added a little stickles under each beam for some extra sparkle.

Jen Carter Shine Light World

If you haven't checked out the Be a Blessings stamp collection (click here for the link to the collection), I hope you'll take the time to look at these amazing new sets! If you are a Bible Journaler, please share this collection with your friends!  

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Diana Maldonado said...

I didn't see this card before Jen!!! It's so pretty!! Love the way you stamped the lighthouse to create the background, looks lovely with the red main focus image!! and the way you did the sentiment in black and yellow, amazing!!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...